I love you all!! I have so little time to write!! How are you all doing??? I am so, so homesick and miss you so much!!
I broke one of my toes the other day. It is black and blue, but has stopped hurting so much, and there is nothing I can do about it, so I just let the little thing be.
The dogs in our neighborhood wait for us every morning and every night. I was so sick of it the other day when one started snapping at me I barked right back at him in the meanest Tahitian voice I could and chased HIM all the way up the street. S. Outz laughed and now tells all the members that the dogs are scared of me. Good.
Our ward [church congregation] is full of angels. I told DMP [Ward Mission Leader] the other night that I am not used to eating sugar and have been sick since arriving (in ways a lady would not describe) and... BOOM!! he went to work and called all the members. Last night I was so happy to see the table at our dinner appointment I almost cried!!! Mahi mahi [fish], salad, veggies, and fruit!!!! hallelujah!!! The mami was SO sweet to me. I actually felt taken care of for the first time since I got here. We are emailing at her house now. Her daughter is an RM [Returned Missionary] and travels to the states for work frequently. Seeing t-shirts from Old Navy and Dior perfume in the powder room makes me feel so strangely comforted and homesick again.
I had a couple of really great days and a couple of absolutely terrible stick me on a plane RIGHT NOW ones. I am not used to all of this up and down. I just crave stability. comfort. calm.
Okay, I am feeling a little bit better.
I had a delicious apple for breakfast this morning.
Other good news.....
· I started a new planner.
· I am still in great shape, though really weak.
· I taught English class last week and everyone liked it so much the Elders told me officially to take over.
· We have two baptisms fixed and another solid three to fix this week.
· We are teaching so many women I love!!! Particularly Vahinehau and Taevae.
· We had dinner at a family's house in our ward from New Zealand!! It was so nice to speak English for a change.
· People are shocked when I say that I have only been here for two weeks and say my French is very good. We rarely use Tahitian.
· Sister Green and Dannillo are SO LOVELY and fun to have in the house!! I love our house and will be sad when they shuffle us around.
· I have mastered not scratching bug bites; no scars here!!!!! :)
· We are having FHE [Family Home Evening] at an amis house tonight who is so amazing, basically already a member!! As so if it's a go for her, her husband and son will no doubt be right behind her.
· We got two new amis this past week thanks to DMP!!!!!! HALLALUJAH!!! and holy cow have they been prepared to receive the gospel. I have never met such a sweet woman, such a faith filled man, such a family family!!! We have another lesson with them tomorrow. I just love them and want to be a part of their family!
· I have a family who is AMAZING and SO loving and so supportive :)
· You know what? I have just realized how incredibly, incredibly blessed I am. I have been given everything I need and everything I have asked for.
I can do this.
Please continue to send all updates and letters and emails!! Leave nothing out!!
Love love love
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Bradshaw, Rebecca
Papeete, Tahiti, 98713